Introducing Discount Codes
Boost your sales and reward loyal customers with special discounts and offers
We’re excited to announce Discount Codes — a new addition to Paystack Commerce, which helps you boost sales and reward loyal customers with special discounts and offers.
Say hello to Discount Codes
Whether it's for a seasonal sale, a product launch, or saying thank you to your customers, discounts are a great way to give your customers the added encouragement they need to buy from you. Here are some ways that business owners like you already use Discount Codes:
- Attract new customers by offering discounts on their first order
- Increase customer loyalty by offering exclusive discounts to customers who buy often
- Boost sales by running promos (such as Mother’s Day, and Valentine's Day promos) and limited-time discounts
Customers are more likely to buy from stores that offer discounts, so we’re excited to place this feature in your hands.
Try Discount Codes
Create exciting discounts to boost your sales and reward loyal customersTry Discount Codes →
Getting started with Discount Codes
Discount Codes is available to all businesses that use Paystack. To add discounts to a single Product, or to an entire Storefront, simply log into your Paystack Dashboard, go to the Commerce section, and under Products or Storefronts, you’ll find a new “Discount Codes” tab.
You can use Discount Codes in three ways:
- Fixed amount discounts: This method helps you deduct a flat amount from the original total that a customer should have paid. So, a hair wig vendor could give out a $20 flat discount to everyone who spends more than $100 on her store, for instance.
- With percentage discounts, you can discount a desired percentage off your customer’s final bill, and run promos such as 10% off, 50% off clearance sales, and so on.
- The final option is delivery fee discounts. This helps you offer free deliveries to customers who meet specific criteria you set. So, you could offer free deliveries only to customers from a certain part of a city, or a country. Or to customers who buy above a certain amount.
Here are some more exciting things you can do with Discount Codes:
- You can set the maximum number of times that a discount code can be used. This helps you run a promo like: “The first 30 customers who make a purchase will get 100 ZAR off their orders”
- You can set the validity period for each discount code. Here’s one way to use this feature: “everyone who buys this product before July 1 will get 10% off their order”!
- You can also set a minimum order amount. With this feature, you could run a promo that goes: “Every customer who spends up to 1,000 GHS with us gets free delivery on the house!”
- Now, let’s say you don’t want a single customer to use Discount Codes more than once. You can set it up such that each customer only gets to use a code once, helping more of your customers enjoy the promo!
- Let’s imagine that you want to say sorry or thank you to a customer by offering them a discount on a purchase. With Discount Codes, you can pre-apply a discount to a product, and send them a link to it. When they click on the link, they’ll see the discounted price, not the full amount!
There are so many other fun and effective ways to boost sales with Discount Codes. Once you create a discount code, simply share it with your customers via your usual marketing channels, and watch more sales roll in.
Get started with Discount Codes
Create exciting discounts to boost your sales and reward loyal customersGet started with Discount Codes →
Is Discount Codes available to Registered and Starter Businesses?
Yes! Discount Codes is available to both Starter and Registered businesses in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, and South Africa
Can a merchant limit the number of times that a discount code can be used?
Yes! You can specify the number of times a discount code can be used. Learn more here →
Is there a limit to the number of discount codes I can create?
No, you can create as many discount codes as you like
Can I apply a discount code to a past order?
No, discount codes can only be applied to new orders
Do you have questions?
We’re excited to put Discount Codes in your hands, and we can’t wait to see how you leverage it to boost your sales. Take it for a spin, and let us know if you have any questions or feedback.